Julie Hansen-Lemke is the "Girl" behind Pearlie Girl. Established in 2009, Julie mixed her joy of design with her passion for vintage materials, making one-of-a-necklaces with vintage maps, papers and bespoke objects. However, the direction of Pearlie Girl changed overnight with a hand stamped bookmark Julie created as a gift for her Dad. With a sheet of copper, a hammer from her husband's tool chest, and a borrowed set of industrial sized letter stamps, the heart of Pearlie Girl was born. "I didn't set out to create a hand stamped business...it found me and I feel blessed every day that it did. Having the privilege to create personalized, one of a kind pieces that mark a special moment in time for the giver and the receiver...what could be better than that!"
From that first bookmark, to well over 15,000 unique pieces created for our customers to date, Pearlie Girl has evolved greatly. We opened our first shop on Etsy in 2009 and our standalone site here has been a wonderful extension (we can offer quicker production time here too ;)
Many of our designs come from custom requests and we love the creativity that brings. From the initial inquiry to holding the finished piece in our hands, the collaboration with our customers is very rewarding. Having shipped to all corners of the globe, we feel privileged to have a long line of repeat customers who continue to honor us with marking the special occasions in their lives. We feel like we are celebrating right along with them!
Hand cut tags & charms that move on to get smooth and rounded, edges & corners.
- The hammered texture done with an old fashioned swing of the hammer.
- Each letter, number and design character, is individually stamped by hand with traditional tooling...that old fashioned hammer comes into play again!
- A patina is applied to highlight the stamping.
- Each hand stamped piece gets a final sanding to bring out the natural beauty of the metal and a finishing polish with of a museum grade wax.
- All items arrive individually packaged for gifting, in a signature gift bag or box with product card as detailed in each listing.
Please contact us if you should have any questions. If you see a design you like but want to add your own twist or wording, simply let us know. We would love to hear from you!
Pearlie Girl products have been featured in many online magazines and blogs:
and numerous personal blogs too ♥...
Follow along with Pearlie Girl happenings: